What is Spy.POSCardStealer and how to remove it ?
Type of the virus : Trojan
OS with risk of infection : Windows 2008/Windows Xp/Windows 7/8
Short description :
If you notice , that your computer becomes very slow at simple tasks like surfing in internet , or jamming when you listening to music or watching movies? Have you installed new programs sooner ?It is highly possible to have problem with Trojan .Trojan viruses are know as very aggresive to system . They may download other malicious software without your knowing and leave a backdoor for external access.
How does the virus spreads :
The virus is spreading by downloading freeware programs from untrusted sources,by reviewing ads redirecting you to malicious sites . Do you check every day your e-mail account ? Of course you do and you’re noticed that there are e-mails from unkown senders . These e-mails from unkown sender with attached content are most dangerous . There is 99% chance if you open this file to infect your system with numerous malicious software . Be careful when you download free software from internet sites . If you have anti virus software first thing you have to do is to check these files after downloading them .
What damage can cause to my system :
Trojans can be very harmful viruses . The information about this virus is that it’s main purpose is to steal credit card information from your computer . The Spy.POSCardStealer will search all over your hard drives and attached devices to find credit card information . Besides of that this Trojan may collect information about your CPU , amount of RAM , operation system and system settings , processes on your computer or installed virus software . The virus is triggered to start with every system starts . The virus will occupy all of your system resources and create fake processess to jam your system. It is highly possible in time the things to get worse – contamination may damage running applications .
Additional information :
Never keep numbers of your credit or debit cards on your computer . You have to be sure that there is no 100% protection for information on your computer . If you have flashdrive – store information there and check always files with antivirus software before upload them into the drive . This operations will save you from some serious trouble .
Manually removal of Spy.POSCardStealer (easy steps)
- Login as administrator.
- Go to control panel and uninstall Spy.POSCardStealer.
- Remove Spy.POSCardStealer folder from program files and start menu.
- Remove Spy.POSCardStealer from your browser extensions.
- Clear your browser cookies.
- Reset your browser settings.
- Delete all temporary files from disk cleanup.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Removing Spy.POSCardStealer manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove Spy.POSCardStealer from your computer, follow the removal steps below. NOTE: you may be infected with more than one malware and after following the steps ads may still pop-up.
NOTE: If ads still pop-up you may be infected with more add-ons which you have to remove from your PC.
Manual steps to remove ransomware or malware. How to prevent ransomware or malware.For now, removing ransomware or malware manually will only be able for IT specialists. If you don't know one don't worry. We have a solution for you. Over here we will use Spyhunter to remove the virus. The Spyhunter anti-malware is a collection of programs that can be used to scan for malware and clean infected computers. You can also use full anti-malware program in this case which is the better option because it also offers protection.
How to remove "ransomware or malware"NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
- Download Spyhunter anti-malware.
- 2. After program has been downloaded, double-click to open it. User will have to install the program. Click on Spyhunter.exe to start the process.
- 3. Update the software before scanning. Once program has been updated go to scan. You can choose from a free trial version or activate license. It is recommended to buy full version as the trial will not protect computer system.
- 4. The scan process will begin. The scan process may take awhile, depending on a computer system performance.
- 5. Once the scan is complete you can choose between delete or quarantine the viruses. The quarantine option is recommended and since the malware is active a reboot will be required to finish process.