What is Content Defender ?
Content Defender is PUP (potentially unwanted program) that could infiltrate your system. It usually install from untrustworthy sites , ads or directly from main site. What is more important and interesting at the same time is that this program/adware claims that will protect you from unwanted content and give you safe browsing . This is definitely not true ,and furthermore it is very dangerous to keep that program installed on your computer . As you might know Adware might be catastrophic for your computer and your personal data . There is a tricky moment in contamination with Content Defender . Wherever you are installing some application or program the installer provides you more than one option of installation . In most cases there are normal and custom installation options. But let’s be honest , almost no one of us is reading the contents of installers and we are trying to install the product faster . The default option is normal installation , but when we install programs on default(normal) installation there might be more than one application that installs in parallel with program that we want to install . So my advice for you is : ALWAYS check your type of installation , it is preferable to choose custom installation and un-tick other unwanted programs . But in case you didn’t knew about that before – don’t worry we are here to help you !
Since malware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool.<<
>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool for Mac OS.<<
How to remove “Content Defender”
- Login as administrator.
- Go to control panel and uninstall Content Defender .
- Remove Content Defender folder from program files and start menu.
- Remove Content Defender from your browser extensions.
- Clear your browser cookies.
- Reset your browser settings.
- Delete all temporary files from disk cleanup.
- Restart your computer.
Note: Removing Content Defender manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this malware from your computer, follow the removal steps below. NOTE: you may be infected with more than one malware and after following the steps ads may still pop-up.
NOTE: If ads still pop-up you may be infected with more add-ons witch you have to remove from your PC.
Manual steps to remove ransomware or malware. How to prevent ransomware or malware.For now, removing ransomware or malware manually will only be able for IT specialists. If you don't know one don't worry. We have a solution for you. Over here we will use Spyhunter to remove the virus. The Spyhunter anti-malware is a collection of programs that can be used to scan for malware and clean infected computers. You can also use full anti-malware program in this case which is the better option because it also offers protection.
How to remove "ransomware or malware"NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
- Download Spyhunter anti-malware.
- 2. After program has been downloaded, double-click to open it. User will have to install the program. Click on Spyhunter.exe to start the process.
- 3. Update the software before scanning. Once program has been updated go to scan. You can choose from a free trial version or activate license. It is recommended to buy full version as the trial will not protect computer system.
- 4. The scan process will begin. The scan process may take awhile, depending on a computer system performance.
- 5. Once the scan is complete you can choose between delete or quarantine the viruses. The quarantine option is recommended and since the malware is active a reboot will be required to finish process.
Decrypt ransomware files.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.