PowerLocky ransomware. PowerWare and Locky ransomware are working together.
PowerLocky ransomware is new virus from the locky malware family. Not long ago a few new Locky development emerged as a bart ransomware and new .zepto file extension. Now new PowerLocky as a combination of Locky and PowerWare ransomware is back and append .locky again. PowerWare also known as PoshCoder is reported to act like and imitating locky virus, however this may be the next big union. PowerShell was first discovered in 2014 but March 2016 was upgraded coming with a new name PowerWare ransomware. It not only use .locky extension but also the locky ransom note.
Since malware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool.<<
Ferder analysis of PowerWare or PowerLocky appears to be .NET executable. The executable file is using ScriptRunner.dll to unload PowerShell script and drop to the location:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\Quest Software\PowerGUI\ 51daca6d-6a9a-44c8-9717-f8cc5c68d10e\fixed.ps1
PowerLocky use AES-128 encryption to lock victims files. User computer system will be scanned automatically and the following extensions will be the target of encryption:
.jpg, .jpeg, .txt, .doc, .rar, .zip, .gif, .png, .mp3, .docx, .pdf, and more.
Encrypted files will be moved to folders along with ransom note and ‘_HELP_instructions.html’.
We present a special software Locky Decrypter
which Allows to decrypt the return statement and control to all your encrypted files is.
How the buy to Locky decrypter?
1. Download and install Multibit application. This will give you your own Bitcoin- wallet address. You can find it under the “Request ” tab. Paste this in the “Your BTC- address” field below.
2. Buy Bitcoins, the price is 500 $ / 0.74290893 BTC and send it to your own Bitcoin-wallet address, they will show up in the Multibit app that you installed eartier. From there, hit the “Send” tab. Send the remaining BTC (bitcoin) to the this Bitcoin-wallet address: 1EBfQtzia9JbKzAAwBcnXB6n447jECumg2
Now submit the form below, only if you’ve actually sent the Bitcoins. Upon manual verification of the transaction you will receive the decrypter through email within 12 hours. ALL of your files/data will then be unlocked and decrypted automatically, HTML ransom files will also be removed.
Do NOT remove HTML ransom files or try to temper files in any way, because decrypter will of not work anymore.
Please remember this is the only way to ever regain access to your files again!
How to protect against ransomware is most frequently asked questions in the past year. Since ransomware has become the biggest threat among all viruses, people ask themselves if there’s a way to protect from such. It is already too late if you once suffered ransom attack and file has been locked. For some there is a solution but for others disappointment. Either way popularity of ransomware rises and new development are presented every day.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution si if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
Now that you have been infected you have a few options:
Many suggest that you simply pay and hope that you will get all off your data back. However in this case you risk losing money and still being stuck with crypted files. We do not recommend this way simply because you will support the work of hackers and the more money thay get the stronger they will become.
The best option for you is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore.
Use any type of anti malware software to remove PowerLocky ransomware.
NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss.
Decrypt PowerLocky ransomware files with .locky extension.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.
- Name – PowerLocky ransomware
- Type Spamming – Malware, Ransomware, Trojan Horse
- Danger Level – High
- Brief Description – Encrypt files and demand ransom.
- Symptoms – Poor pc performance or freezing, ransom massages.
- Method – Via Trojan Horse or spam email.
Note: Removing Sanction PowerLocky ransomware manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this virus we suggest you follow the step by step instructions we provided. Since ransomware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.
Manual steps to remove ransomware or malware. How to prevent ransomware or malware.For now, removing ransomware or malware manually will only be able for IT specialists. If you don't know one don't worry. We have a solution for you. Over here we will use Spyhunter to remove the virus. The Spyhunter anti-malware is a collection of programs that can be used to scan for malware and clean infected computers. You can also use full anti-malware program in this case which is the better option because it also offers protection.
How to remove "ransomware or malware"NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
- Download Spyhunter anti-malware.
- 2. After program has been downloaded, double-click to open it. User will have to install the program. Click on Spyhunter.exe to start the process.
- 3. Update the software before scanning. Once program has been updated go to scan. You can choose from a free trial version or activate license. It is recommended to buy full version as the trial will not protect computer system.
- 4. The scan process will begin. The scan process may take awhile, depending on a computer system performance.
- 5. Once the scan is complete you can choose between delete or quarantine the viruses. The quarantine option is recommended and since the malware is active a reboot will be required to finish process.