CryPy Ransomware. How to remove .cry extension virus.
CryPy ransomware is new virus discovered by AVG Jakub researcher. It appears that this ransomware is written with Python and use AES-256 to lock a victim’s files. All encrypted files will be renamed to CRY<random characters>.cry. This is also an extension .cry, which will be appended to locked files. A interesting reported by Jakub feature is that CryPy ransomware connects to the C2 server for each of the encrypted files. The server generates 32-character random pass, which also allows the ransom to rename locked files. This will prolong the time needed to finish the encryption due to waiting for the network every time when a file is encrypted. However this allows CryPy ransomware developers to hides the key generation from security researchers and protect the virus from free decryption. The original files will be deleted after encryption, which may make recover deleted files posible. Ransom note called “README_FOR_DECRYPT.txt” will appear to victims, requesting them to contact criminals via emails email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org this time there is no free solution for CryPy ransomware.
The ransom note’s text is as follows.
All your files are encrypted with strong chiphers.
Decrypting of your files is only possible with the decryption program, which is on our secret server.
Note that every 6 hours, a random file is permanently deleted. The faster you are, the less files you will lose.
Also, in 96 hours, the key will be permanently deleted and there will be no way of recovering your files.
To receive your decryption program contact one of the emails:
Just inform your identification ID and we will give you next instruction.
Your personal identification ID: CRY[XXXXXX]
How to protect against ransomware is most frequently asked questions in the past year. Since ransomware has become the biggest threat among all viruses, people ask themselves if there’s a way to protect from such. It is already too late if you once suffered ransom attack and file has been locked. For some there is a solution but for others disappointment. Either way popularity of ransomware rises and new development are presented every day.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
Now that you have been infected you have a few options:
Many suggest that you simply pay and hope that you will get all off your data back. However in this case you risk losing money and still being stuck with crypted files. We do not recommend this way simply because you will support the work of hackers and the more money thay get the stronger they will become.
The best option for you is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore.
Use any type of anti malware software to remove CryPy Ransomware.
NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss.
Go here to find out how to recover deleted files.
Decrypt Cry Py Ransomware files with .cry extension.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.
- Name – Cry Py
- Type Spamming – Malware, Ransomware, Trojan Horse
- Danger Level – High
- Brief Description – Encrypt files and demand ransom.
- Symptoms – Poor pc performance or freezing, ransom massages.
- Method – Via Trojan Horse or spam email.
Note: Removing Cry Py Ransomware manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this virus we suggest you follow the step by step instructions we provided. Since ransomware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.
No Comments Yet