Cryptocat ransomware removal.
Decrypt .cryptocat extension virus.
Cryptocat ransomware is very dangerous type of malware, recently reported by security researchers. Cryptocat virus will encrypt any valuable user data when computer system is infected. All user files such as photos, videos, documents, etc, will be locked and no longer able to open. A private RSA decryption key will be generated and stored in Cryptocat developers command and control server. To get this key and unlock files vicitms will have to pay 1.45 Bitcoin (~611 USD), however this is not recommended. Cyber criminals threatens to estroy the key within 168 hours, which is a common tactic used by ransom developers to force victims into faster payment.
Since malware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool.<<
>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool for Mac OS.<<
Once Cryptocat ransomware encrypts user data a ransom note “Your files are locked !.txt” will be left in the folder with all of the locked files. When use open the note will find information on how to pay, support and mote info. Victims will also be requested to contact Cryptocat developer at support e-mail: [email protected] [email protected] to confirm payment and get decryption key, which is necessary to restore files. Unfortunately there is no free solution fro Cryptocat at this time. Decryption tool may soon be developed.
The ransom note Your files are locked !.txt is as follows:
Your personal files encryption produced on this computer: photos, videos, documents, etc.
Encryption was produced using a unique public key RSA-2048 generated for this computer.
To decrypt files you need to obtain the private key.
The single copy of the private key, which will allow to decrypt the files,
located on a secret server on the Internet; the server will destroy the key after 168 hours.
After that nobody and never will be able to restore files.
To obtain the private key for this computer, you need pay 1.45 Bitcoin (~611 USD)
Your Bitcoin address:
You must send 1.45 Bitcoin to the specified address and report it to e-mail customer support.
In the letter must specify your Bitcoin address to which the payment was made.
The most convenient tool for buying Bitcoins in our opinion is the site:
There you can buy Bitcoins in your country in any way you like, including electronic payment systems,
credit and debit cards, money orders, and others.
Instructions for purchasing Bitcoins on account localbitcoins.com read here:
Video tutorial detailing on buying Bitcoins using the site localbitcoins.com here:
How to withdraw Bitcoins from account localbitcoins.com to our bitcoin wallet:
Also you can use to buy Bitcoins these sites:
How to protect against ransomware is most frequently asked questions in the past year. Since ransomware has become the biggest threat among all viruses, people ask themselves if there’s a way to protect from such. It is already too late if you once suffered ransom attack and file has been locked. For some there is a solution but for others disappointment. Either way popularity of ransomware rises and new development are presented every day.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
Now that you have been infected you have a few options:
Many suggest that you simply pay and hope that you will get all off your data back. However in this case you risk losing money and still being stuck with crypted files. We do not recommend this way simply because you will support the work of hackers and the more money thay get the stronger they will become.
The best option for you is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore.
>>Click here to download free anti-malware scan tool for Mac OS.<<
Use any type of anti malware software to remove Cryptocat Ransomware.
NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss.
Decrypt Cryptocat Ransomware files with .cryptocat extension.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.
- Name – Cryptocat
- Type Spamming – Malware, Ransomware, Trojan Horse
- Danger Level – High
- Brief Description – Encrypt files and demand ransom.
- Symptoms – Poor pc performance or freezing, ransom massages.
- Method – Via Trojan Horse or spam email.
Note: Removing Crypto Cat Ransomware manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this virus we suggest you follow the step by step instructions we provided. Since ransomware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.
Manual steps to remove ransomware or malware. How to prevent ransomware or malware.For now, removing ransomware or malware manually will only be able for IT specialists. If you don't know one don't worry. We have a solution for you. Over here we will use Spyhunter to remove the virus. The Spyhunter anti-malware is a collection of programs that can be used to scan for malware and clean infected computers. You can also use full anti-malware program in this case which is the better option because it also offers protection.
How to remove "ransomware or malware"NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
- Download Spyhunter anti-malware.
- 2. After program has been downloaded, double-click to open it. User will have to install the program. Click on Spyhunter.exe to start the process.
- 3. Update the software before scanning. Once program has been updated go to scan. You can choose from a free trial version or activate license. It is recommended to buy full version as the trial will not protect computer system.
- 4. The scan process will begin. The scan process may take awhile, depending on a computer system performance.
- 5. Once the scan is complete you can choose between delete or quarantine the viruses. The quarantine option is recommended and since the malware is active a reboot will be required to finish process.