office 365 served cerber ransomware attack
Millions of users of Microsoft Office 365 exposed to large campaign of Cerber ransomware attack. We know the new cerber upgrade included a ransom note with audio warning informing vicitims of that files were encrypted. First attack was reported on June 22. Over 50 percent of Office 365 customers received infected attachment. The number of possibly hit users is unknown, however Microsoft reported that there are over 18 million subscribers.
Since malware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.>>Click here to download free anti-malware removal tool.<<
We have never seen such a ransomware like cerber. Not only ransom note, but cerber developers included an audio file explaining what is going on and what to do. It took more then 24 hours for Microsoft to find out about the attack and start blocking the malicious attachment. The hijackers asked for 500$ in bitcoin value in order to provide decryption key. Microsoft did not reply for further information regarding the attack.
What does ransomware will do to you and how to prevent from such an attack? Ransomwarea is malware that will get to vulnerable computer system and encrypted files. Cerber is the most widespread ransom out there. Once the virus gets to your computer will not hesitate and it will lock you out. Unfortunately paying is your only option for now. However this is not recommended.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution si if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
- New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss. Go here to find out how to recover deleted files.
- Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance. Brute-forcing the key is possible for some but not all ransomware.
Manual steps to remove ransomware or malware. How to prevent ransomware or malware.For now, removing ransomware or malware manually will only be able for IT specialists. If you don't know one don't worry. We have a solution for you. Over here we will use Malwarebytes to remove the virus. The Malwarebytes anti-malware is a collection of programs that can be used to scan for malware and clean infected computers. You can also use full anti-malware program in this case which is the better option because it also offers protection.
How to remove "ransomware or malware"NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
- Download Malwarebytes anti-malware.
- 2. After program has been downloaded, double-click to open it. User will have to install the program. Clik on Malwarebytes.exe to start the process.
- 3. Update the software before scanning. Once program has been updated go to scan. You can choose from a free trial version or activate license. It is recommended to buy full version as the trial will not protect computer system.
- 4. The scan process will begin. The scan process may take awhile, depending on a computer system performance.
- 5. Once the scan is complete you can choose between delete or quarantine the viruses. The quarantine option is recommended and since the malware is active a reboot will be required to finish process.