Lock93 ransomware virus removal. Decrypt .lock93 extension.
Lock93 ransomware, the next ransomware on the table reported by MalwareHunterTeam. Ransomware is indeed the most dangerous type of malware, which will encrypt user data and demand a ransom fee in return of decryption key. The name Lock93 comes from the ransom extension appended to victim’s locked files. Nomather what the name of the ransomware will be, all are design to do the same to infected computer system. In general there are two types of ransomware reported as of this time. One that will encrypted files victim’s data and another that will lock user out of operating system. Today ransomware is considered to be the most popular virus as it is most profitable.
Lock93 ransomware is the one that will encrypt victim’s data and user files will no longer be able to open. This will make locked files useless. Lock93 will append .lock93 extension to encrypted files along with ransom note “ИНСТРУКЦИЯ INSTRUCTION.txt” at user desktop. The ransom note contains information regarding payment and instructions for victims not familiar. Victims will be also requested to contact Lock93 developer via Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon further inspection it appears that Lock93 ransomware target not only russian speaking users, but also english as the ransom note is written in russian and english. According to security researchers, this is a low quality ransomware so easy to be cracked. Soon a decryption tool will be developed so paying is not recommended.
The ransom note is as follows:
Для расшифровки данных отправьте код на E-mail
После этого вы получите инструкции по оплате
После оплаты вы получите код разблокировки и все данные будут расшифрованы
Не удаляйте и не редактируйте файлы с расширением lock93 и фалы самого вируса,
т. к. это может привести к потере данных
Стоимость расшифровки: 1000 рублей
Send the code to the e-mail
You will get payment instructions
After payment you will get the unlock code and your data will be decrypted
Do not delete or modify files with extension lock93 and virus files because it can
destroy your data
Price: 1000 RUR
Код для отправки/code: (redacted)
E-mail: E-mail: email@example.com
Запасной E-mail/Reserve E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to protect against ransomware is most frequently asked questions in the past year. Since ransomware has become the biggest threat among all viruses, people ask themselves if there’s a way to protect from such. It is already too late if you once suffered ransom attack and file has been locked. For some there is a solution but for others disappointment. Either way popularity of ransomware rises and new development are presented every day.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
Now that you have been infected you have a few options:
Many suggest that you simply pay and hope that you will get all off your data back. However in this case you risk losing money and still being stuck with crypted files. We do not recommend this way simply because you will support the work of hackers and the more money thay get the stronger they will become.
The best option for you is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore.
Use any type of anti malware software to remove Lock93 ransomware.
NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss.
Decrypt Lock93 ransomware files with .lock93 extension.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.
- Name – Lock93
- Type Spamming – Malware, Ransomware, Trojan Horse
- Danger Level – High
- Brief Description – Encrypt files and demand ransom.
- Symptoms – Poor pc performance or freezing, ransom massages.
- Method – Via Trojan Horse or spam email.
Note: Removing Lock93 ransomware manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this virus we suggest you follow the step by step instructions we provided. Since ransomware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.