Crypt0L0cker ransomware virus removal.
Decrypt .enc extension.
Crypt0L0cker ransomware is new virus substituting the Os with zeros from the genuine cryptolocker ransom name. Apparently this ransomware is the heir of TorrentLocker, with a slight few differences. Both of the ransomwares targets files for encryption in a different way. It is distributed via spam email claiming to be government notices such as speeding fines. Once user open the spam email attachment will get infected. Crypt0L0cker ransomware will encrypt files and lock them, so user is no longer able to open them. To unlock files Crypt0L0cker will demand them for approximately 2 bitcoins. It is interesting that this ransom will target almost all of the countries and skip United States. US based computer systems or with US IP address will not be infected, at least for now.
Since malware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.
>>Click here to download free anti-malware removal tool.<<
File extensions that Crypt0L0cker will encrypt:
The ransom note “HOW_TO_RESTORE_FILES.txt” is as follows:
!!! WE HAVE ENCRYPTED YOUR FILES WITH Crypt0L0cker !!!
Your important files (including those on the network disks, USB, etc): photos,
videos, documents, etc. were encrypted with our Crypt0L0cker. The only way to
get your files back is to pay us. Otherwise, your files will be lost.
You have to pay us if you want to recover your files.
In order to restore the files open our website
and follow the instructions.
If the website is not available please follow these steps:
1. Download and run TOR-browser from this link: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
2. After installation run the browser and enter the address: http://4w5wihkwyhsav2ha.onion/p3edg42p.php?user_code=1l5w1sr&user_pass=6438
3. Follow the instructions on the website.
How to protect against ransomware is most frequently asked questions in the past year. Since ransomware has become the biggest threat among all viruses, people ask themselves if there’s a way to protect from such. It is already too late if you once suffered ransom attack and file has been locked. For some there is a solution but for others disappointment. Either way popularity of ransomware rises and new development are presented every day.
What can we do against the battle with ransomware?
- If you are already infected do not pay the ransom! Remove the virus and look for other solutions rather than paying. Paying the ransom may be your only option if you have really valuable data. However we do not recommend doing this because you will support the work of criminals. The risk of losing money and still stuck with encrypted files since there is no guarantee in any way that you will recover what one is lost.
- Security researcher are always working on recovery solutions. Not all ransomware are professionally developed and being cracked, but some are so good developed that there is no current way to be beaten at the current date. One of the solutions is system restore.
- Best solution is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore. If not, backup your data frequently. Store backup data in any removable storage device or use any online backup services.
- Protect your computer with antivirus, internet security, anti-malware software or new developed applications like anti-ransomware. Highly recommended is to keep it up to date and use the paid surveys. We do not recommend free applications.
Now that you have been infected you have a few options:
Many suggest that you simply pay and hope that you will get all off your data back. However in this case you risk losing money and still being stuck with crypted files. We do not recommend this way simply because you will support the work of hackers and the more money thay get the stronger they will become.
The best option for you is if you have a backup, wipe your hard drive and perform system restore.
Use any type of anti malware software to remove Crypt0L0cker Ransomware.
NOTE: In this option the virus will be removed but the files will remain locked! You have to decrypt your files.
New research discovery shows how ransomware deletes files and substitute encrypted copy of them. It is not guaranteed, but it is a possibility that you may recover your files with data recovery software. Before trying to decrypt any files you can scan your computer for posible data loss.
Decrypt Crypt0L0cker Ransomware files appending .enc extension.
Good news is that we can now use decryption programs. A lot of security companies like Kasperky lab, bitdefender and more has developed a program that is fully capable of decryption key for ransomware malware. You can find this programs anywhere on the internet but it is strongly suggested to download this programs from official websites. NOTE: It may take a long time for your files to be decrypted depending on your PC performance.
- Name – Crypt0L0cker
- Type Spamming – Malware, Ransomware, Trojan Horse
- Danger Level – High
- Brief Description – Encrypt files and demand ransom.
- Symptoms – Poor pc performance or freezing, ransom massages.
- Method – Via Trojan Horse or spam email.
Note: Removing Crypt0L0cker Ransomware manually could be very risky and unpredictable!
To remove this virus we suggest you follow the step by step instructions we provided. Since ransomware virus creates variety of malicious modified registry entries and different files, we strongly advise you to use anti-malware tool. Removing the virus manually requires high computer skills and knowledge.